Sunday, October 08, 2006
Haven't posted for a really long time.
Went to watch the World Trade Center movie yesterday. Everyone said it wasn't up to standards, but I really think that it conveyed a good message.
When the World Trade Center collapsed, I was -how old?- and I didn't really feel affected by it. I mean, I'm here, they're there, they're sad, I'm not, that sort of thing. But then I never knew the value of life then, not really. Not if you have people who care. I took all the care for granted, I guess.
Those people risked they're life to help others.
It's amazing. Think about it. Would you risk your life for thoise you don't even know? Especially since you have your own family that needs you to support them, and not let the kids be deprived of a father. It's amazing.
And they really nearly did die, and only 20 out of the 2000+ people buried under the rubble were rescued. The two policemen in the show who actually survived were number 18 and 19 to be pulled out.
They hallucinated, they were at the brink of death, but they still kept alive. Almost a day under the rubble. One guy commited suicide, he knew he was going to die. They managed a little humor here and there, but the show was really touching. The way the two men kept each other alive adn everything.
The acting was good. They really showed how happy the policemen were to be found. He started laughing, he was seriously glad.
I think the show's good, but others don't really. Well, each are entitled to their own perspectives.
It's like I'm advertising!